Monday, February 14, 2011

Every kiss begins with $$$

Hi y'all! Welcome to the wonderful world of me. Please let me introduce myself: most people know me as Boss Lady, while a privileged few know my alter ego Toozi. You're probably thinking I'm bossy, right? Not in the bossing people around kinda bossy, but more in the take control-don't take any bulls**t-speak my mind-don't care what other people think- kinda way. Feel me? Keep reading my blog and you'll get to know both.

I'll talk about all the random things on my mind, especially about the good, the bad, and the ugly about my people. I love love love my Gambian people, but hot damn! Growing up in Norway I see a lot of sh*t going down in the Gambian community that get on my freaking nerves! We need to do better, for real. I'll say the sh*t we're all thinking about, but nobody's talking. And yeah, I do talk A LOT! Mr. Incredible, my awesomely wonderful man, can testify to that. Now I can share all that I need to say with y'all. Whoop-whoop!!

And speaking of things that get on my nerves. It's Valentine's day today. The day to show your boo how much you love them. *pause* o_O It's expected that over $14 billion, yes billion, will be spent on this so-called holiday. Yes, the recession is still alive and kicking. We have been brainwashed to believe that Valentine's day is THE day to show your loved one how much they mean to you. Um....what about the 364 remaining days? I think this commercial from Kay Jewelry exemplifies all that's wrong with this stupid holiday.

Side note: I love the end though..."every kiss begins with kaaaaayyyyy" lol don't judge me.




So you need diamonds to feel beautiful, huh? Heffa, if that's the case then you have bigger problems than your husband not buying you the appropriate Vday gift. I'm pretty sure that money spent on flowers, candy, teddy bears, and diamonds could be spent on the electric bill, the kids' college fund, the mortgage, car note etc. Hell, if you have so much money why not give some to charity? Now don't get me wrong, aint nothing wrong with buying gifts for your boo. You should tell and show your boo love EVERY SINGLE DAY. Don't let the capitalist mafia dupe you into spending money you don't really have on a mysterious holiday.

~I'm the Boss Lady~

No comments:

Post a Comment