Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Bond of Sisterhood

I went to a concert with a very good friend of mine last night. We've been friends for 17 years! Really? Yeah, really. We had the most wonderful time together (even though the concert wasn't all that). I love this girl like crazy. In all of those 17 years we've been friends we've never had an issue. Not one. She's part of my support team. See, when I was younger I used to hang with a lot of guys. They were homies, brothers, the big brothers I never had. However, they never replaced the girlfriends I had, and still have. As time passed and I've faced the unpredictable chaos of life, my girlfriends have been constant factors in my life. Forrest Gump made a valid point when he uttered the immortal words: Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get. 


Life can be quite overwhelming at times. The constant factors in your life are what keep you sane. My girlfriends have kept me sane and balanced. I have faced challenges I never dreamed of facing. If someone told me a year ago that I'd be going through what I went through, I'd laugh in their face. But it did happen, and I made it through it all. See, your girlfriends are like the family you choose. I know how us women can be catty, trifling, and backstabbing. Some women are toxic and must be avoided at all cost. I've ran across quite a few myself and I've eliminated those negative beings from my life.

My girls are the ones that have been in my life for every moment with me, the good - the bad - and the devastating  moments. We've laughed together and at each other. We've cried together and for each other. They are the ones who got my back, front, and sides. The ones who call me out when I do foolish sh!t or when I'm out of line. Whenever I fall they're there to pick me up and never judge me, but instead offer unconditional love. You know who you are, Ladies. I LOVE YOU.


Take care of your girlfriends. You need them in your life. They are your support system, your cheerleaders. Like a good  bra, they'll lift you up and support you when you need them.




~I'm the Boss Lady~

No comments:

Post a Comment