Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Friendships Are Like Bank Accounts

Friendships are like bank accounts
I think friend is on of the most abused words ever. Right next to love. How many times do we just throw the word friend around? She's a friend of mine. He's an old friend. There's a world of difference between an acquaintance and a friend. We all have plenty of acquaintances, but how many of us have true friends?

I'm truly blessed with true friends. I have a few friends that I know I can count on no matter what. I've written before about the importance of maintaining the bond to your girlfriends. After a lot of shyt that has went down with "friends" I had to reevaluate who I call friends. Hell, I'll be the first to admit that I've been too damn trusting and naive about people. I used to think that if i treat a person as a friend, that the person will treat me likewise uhm..no ma'am, it doesn't work that way. People are just fvcked up like that. And if you didn't see it coming then you're in for a big-azz surpise.

 See, friendships are very much like bank accounts. In order for a bank account to balance, you have to make deposits as well as withdrawals. No, I aint talking about a damn credit account lol but a debit account. This is how friendships are, you give (deposit) and you take (withdraw). Do you know what happens with your account if you keep withdrawing excessively? Yup, a negative balance and a shytload of overdraft fees. And no, you can't close the account until you pay them their money. I apply this logic to friendships. Sometimes you have to delete the whole gotdamn account because of it's toxic nature. I found myself doing just that....closing friendship accounts that just didn't balance, and boi what a relief!

Letting go of someone you considered a friend is almost as painful as losing a boyfriend. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that someone I loved and treated like a sister would be so trifling. Was it something I did or said? Didn't do or say? Either way, the friendship account is closed, terminated, finito! You can no longer enjoy the services of my bank. You can come inside the bank - meaning that we're cool, I'll say whatup when we meet and shyt, but you can no longer enjoy the services of said bank. You've violated the terms, conditions and agreements so now your trifling behind can open an account in another bank. Ima burn this muthafvckin bridge on your azz. Good riddance!

Now I can spend quality time with my true friends, those who wish me nothing but good in life, those who have no envy or resentment, those who cheer me on when something good happens to me and stand by my side when life gets rough....


~I'm the Boss Lady~


 

No comments:

Post a Comment